Are you planning a healthier new you this year? We’ve put together a list of our top 10 tips to help you achieve your goals!
1. Make a Commitment. While you may think that setting a goal in the New Year is enough of a commitment, New Year’s resolutions are likely to fail. Why? Because they are often treated as a short-term goal with no accountability. Be accountable to yourself and plan for the long-term. If you plan to join a new gym, consider joining for one year rather than three-six months. This will be an extra “motivation” to keep you committed and will allow you to set a goal for personal transformation rather than a personal resolution.
2. Set Realistic Goals. Your goals need to be attainable and measurable. Start by setting small goals such as going to the gym three times per week. This type of goal is easy to attain, and more importantly, you can easily keep track of your progress. Set specific goals like improved strength, cardio endurance or weight-loss over a longer period of time. Give January a break and commit to achieving your goals within six months or one year.
3. Deviate from Tradition. It’s very tempting to stick with traditional training styles for fitness such as hitting the treadmill or lifting free weights. While this type of training is better than sitting on the couch, it won’t give you a well-rounded workout. Training styles such as HIIT, TRX, Bootcamp and Kangoo incorporate both cardio and muscular endurance, not only providing a comprehensive workout that will bring you closer to your goals, but also improving overall heart health and stamina.
4. Make Small Changes. Small changes can have a huge impact on your overall health. Cutting out pop and junk, or adding walking for 30 minutes into your daily routine, are easy lifestyle changes that will help you reach your health goals. Everything in moderation is a great rule to follow, especially when you’re getting started on a new goal. It will be more difficult to stick to a new diet if you’ve cut out all of your favourite foods. Likewise, going to the gym six days per week will be much more difficult that incorporating two-three new workouts per week.
5. Make Exercise Fun. Exercise can be fun! Try bringing a friend or your significant other to the gym with you. Most fitness studios have great referral programs – not only will you be able to enjoy the next group training session with your friend, but you will also benefit from a free month or even year of membership, depending on your gym’s referral program!
6. Be Accountable. While setting realistic goals and commitment for a long period of time will definitely help you stick to your transformation goals, there are many different programs you can join in the New Year to help you stay accountable. Being in a group setting will help you stay accountable to your goals, motivated to continue, and give you a place to celebrate your success. If joining a fitness challenge isn’t for you, consider sharing your goals with a partner who will help you stay on track.
7. Write it down. Keep a daily or weekly journal detailing your progress. This journal can be as detailed as you would like – from food to exercise plans and goal setting. There are also tons of free fitness apps you can download to help you keep track of your progress.
8. Eat More. This may seem like the opposite of a healthy New Year’s Resolution, but eating small, frequent meals will help control your appetite, blood sugar, concentration and mood. More importantly, you will help increase your metabolism and maintain your muscle mass.
9. Drink More. Drinking more water throughout your day will contribute to weight loss while also helping increase energy and reduce fatigue. It will also help lubricate your joints and muscles, preventing cramps and sprains. If you’re adding in a new workout regime this year, you’ll definitely need the extra hydration!
10. Reward Yourself. Committing to a healthier lifestyle is a reward in itself, but celebrating your success along the way in an excellent way to stay motivated. Planning to buy new clothing, going on a weekend getaway, or even a going on a full vacation, are options that will help keep you moving forward when you feel like giving up.
Beauty isn't just something you're created with. In fact, the position that genetics play in your look is quite small. The basic facts are that looking good is merely a matter of working hard to search your best. In this essay, you'll find some fresh ideas to get great beauty results with less effort.
When you have stunning brown eyes, you can spruce them up by adding eyeshadow, filling, and mascara in colors which can be especially flattering for the eye color. Search for rich, flat shadows in colors of green, copper, and blue. These colors add detail and strength to your eye-color, particularly when topped with a few coats of navy mascara.
Gently brush your lips using a soft toothbrush. This will enable you to remove dead skin cells from your lips and make them soft. You should then use another type of lip balm or Vaseline to keep them soft and to moisturize your lips. You are able to do this every day or every other day.
Use gold, yellow, or copper eyeshadow to bring out blue eyes. Search for mascara colors in midnight blue rust and sometimes even those with a touch of violet. These tones will make your eyes pop.
If you are struggling with frizzy hair, you can look at adding a tiny amount of hand cream within it then managing through your hair. This can help the stray strands remain together and ultimately carry your hair more as a cohesive whole making you to look much more attractive.
Invest in a good Kabuki brush that will help you handle most of your beauty needs. Use a dark brown mascara towards the middle lashes, then aim the wand diagonally and apply the mascara for the outer lashes.
You should pamper yourself, when you wake up in the morning. The best way to begin your day down on the right foot is to take some time to clean up; brush your hair and wash your teeth. Do not forget your own personal needs if you like to keep good-looking.
Find time for rest to remain looking beautiful. Do not ignore the ability of rare sleep to age your face, along with your body. You need from 6 to 8 hours of sleep a night to replenish the body, skin, and brain. Each one is critical aspects in your total personal health.
To make your lashes appear larger, before using your mascara, dust them using a coat of free dust. Work with a little brush to use a thin layer of clear powder for your lashes, taking care never to have the powder in your eyes. Follow up having a cover of your favorite mascara over the top of the powder.
Use this beauty tip! For fuller-looking lashes, you'll need to buy a waterproof mascara, if you wish to have them longer. Many mascaras claim in order to improve the quantity and curl of your lashes. Try to avoid oil or heavy formulas which cause eye irritation and they are inclined to weigh the lashes down. As opposed to using these particular supplements, work with a simple lengthening mascara that is waterproof. The waterproof mascara enable them relax properly, and can increase the length of your lashes.
Beauty experts count on the treatment wipes to make quick fixes if anything goes amiss during make-up application. In this way, you are able to resolve your error quickly. Usually use treatment wipes when doing anything beauty related.
To get super bright hair, try giving your hair some deep-conditioning! After cleaning your hair, fit out all excess water and implement a healthy dollop of conditioner for your hair, emphasizing the nape of the hair on your hairline, and the ends. Use a shower cap and let the conditioner soak in 10 minutes before you wash out it. You should have lovely soft hair when it dries!
After you observe that improving your appearance is just a procedure requiring hard work, you need to be sure that your hard work gets you perfect results. Recommendations like these, can help you achieve that purpose and enhance the percentage of energy to impact what you get from the beauty regimen.