Is it necessary to plan and pack for a honeymoon?
For most couples the honeymoon is a much-needed getaway from the tiring rituals leading up to the wedding, the wedding itself and the constant intrusion of the family members. Though it is something that almost all couples look forward to eagerly, it is also true that most often people fail to create a list and pack as per that. They just put some stuff into a suitcase at the last minute and take off.
It is when you land up in the place that you may end up wishing that you had planned and gotten around to pack a few things that could have been helpful. The general notion for a honeymoon packing is some lingerie, some easygoing clothes, perfumes etc. But sometimes, depending on where you spend it few other stuff can also come in handy.
1. Lingerie: Of course, topmost on the list should be that special sexy lingerie that you shopped for just for this occasion. Well the intention was to flaunt it, so ensure that you have packed it. Wear it too and make the most of it while you get to know each other intimately.
2. Music Playlist: What would you like to play in the background in your suite to get and keep you in the mood? DonÃ¢t waste time searching for it once after you have landed. Know your and partnerÃ¢s choices and surprise each other with some good music for company.
3. Even though you may have this wild impulse thinking you that you are going to spend the whole time in bed with each other, it may not be so. So, it is wise to wise to pack a few clothes, outdoor wear, a dinner dress or suit etc. This will come in handy for those occasions when you feel the need to step out, be social or just even do some shopping or exploring the local hotspots.
The clothes you pack can be based on the location you choose. If itÃ¢s a beach resort, you may want to have a collection of bikinis or sarongs. If on a wild safari, ensure proper safe clothing, if camping or trekking, then pack clothes accordingly.
4. Mosquito Repellants: Sounds funny, but sometimes this comes real handy. Especially say on Safari or camping nights.
5. DonÃ¢t forget to pack the essentials: Whatever the place, ensure to pack your essentials just to be on the safe side. So, make your favourite toiletries, perfumes and bath gels are packed. If you have that special bath gel meant to entice your partner into the bath along with you, pack it too!!!
6. Contraception options: It is wise to discuss this out with your partner beforehand and decide on who will use the contraception and what. Ensure that it is also packed in your honeymoon suitcase.
7. Reading material or a list of movies: Even though it may be difficult to comprehend, there are times when you just want to enjoy each otherÃ¢s company and not necessarily have sex. Pack some reading material or prepare a list of good movies to watch together. This will provide you some entertainment as well as some time together.
The author does not allow comments to this entry