There are people out there who when looking into the mirror only find faults and flaws in themselves. They often see themselves as a failure and are ashamed of themselves. They often feel embarrassed with themselves which turns into anger and frustration.
People who feel this are often found to be suffering from a very low self-esteem. Why does this happen? The main reason behind it is the fact that these people have somewhere or the other have constructed an idea of who they should be, how they should act , think and be regarded by other people. Not being able to achieve that idea leads to lower their self-esteem which leads to being frustrated and angry with oneself.
Here are a few ways in which you can overcome your self-esteem:
- Set realistic expectations for yourself Before striving on to do something, try and analyse how reasonable the idea is. You have to remember that life is imperfect . You have to realise that failure in doing something and being a failure as a whole is different. Dont set goals such as Loose 10kg in a week, or adding several inches to your manhood using a penis enlargement device in under a few months. Thats practically impossible. Set smaller goals such as losing 1kg per week or having a healthy diet for a week.
- Avoid comparing yourself to others- This is a very important thing to do. Comparing yourself to others would only lead to insecurity. You need to realise what your strength is. Different people have talents. One person cannot be good at everything. Realise your own talent and work on improving that instead of comparing yourself with others.
- Learn how to remain calm- Being angry and frustrated just worsens the situation. Try to keep calm by stepping away from the situation and by breathing long breath which would calm the mind and bring back the body to a relaxed state. Meditation is a great way to relax the mind and body. Also, counting backward 1-10 helps lower the anger.
- Build confidence by facing your fears- Running away from your fears wont solve any problem. You need to face your fears to overcome them. If you are confident you can easily face any situation.
- Connect with people who love you Staying with people who love you can help you immensely to help you. Talk to your friends or family members who understand you. Talking to loved ones will help you to reassess yourself of how you view yourself.
- Learn to forgive you There might be times when you fail in achieving a goal, but, learning to forgive yourself and trying all over again is a good method to help fight lower self-esteem. There might be times when you arent able to achieve a set goal such as you did not follow your set diet or was unable to complete a task. Learn to forgive yourself instead of being frustrated and start again with enthusiasm.